What: Johnson & Wales University 3rd Annual Sports Entertainment Events (SEE) Conference – Connecting the future!
When: Thursday, April 12, 2012
Where: 1701 NE 127 Street North Miami, Florida 33181
- 8:00 a.m. – Registration/Breakfast – Wildcat Center- Lobby
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Welcome – Wildcat Gymnasium
- 9:40 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. – Panel I – Wildcat Gymnasium
- 9:40 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. – Panel II – Wildcat Event Space
- 10:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. – Panel III – Wildcat Gymnasium
- 10:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. – Panel IV – Wildcat Event Space
- 12 p.m. – Roundtable Luncheon – Wildcat Gymnasium
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Industry Speaker – Wildcat Gymnasium
- 1:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Brand Fair – Wildcat Gymnasium
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Special Event Presentation – Wildcat Event Space
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – Van Departure – Wildcat Center to New Marlin’s Ball Park
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Panel/Speaker – Marlins Ball Park
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Tour – Marlins Ball Park
- 6:30 p.m. – Van Departure – Marlins Ball Park to Wildcat Center
Panel I – “Athletes, Artists, Celebrities”
This powerful panel will feature diverse individuals who work with athletes, celebrities or artists in various capacities. Proper protocol and best practice will be discussed along with the necessary skills needed to land this type of position.
- Darren Heitner—Sports & Entertainment Attorney, Wolfe Law Miami
- Miguel Angel Oliva—VP PR, Corporate Affairs & Talent Management, HBO Latin
- Aubrey Aquino—Television Personality/Host
- Chef Ingraham—Celebrity Personal Chef to Dwayne Wade
Panel II – Programming, Producing, Managing & Executing Live Events
This powerful panel will explore the LIVE EVENT industry from concerts, to sporting events and everything in between and feature panelists with a wide array of expertise who are responsible for programming and marketing diverse events, managing a series of back to back special events over an extended period and executing on a budget.
- Matt Bell—Vice President,Programming Bank Atlantic Center
- Laila Brock—Orange Bowl Committee—OrangeBowl Festivities
- Stacy Stern—Special Events Group
- Kevin Gregory—Director of Marketing, Homestead Miami Speedway
Panel III – Marketing Sports, Entertainment & Events in the 21st Century
This diverse panel will discuss the multi-billion dollar sports, movies, music, nightlife, casino and television industry and how one markets entertainment during times of economic hardship. What challenges have been overcome and how? What does the future hold?
- Brad Burlingame—Sr Mgr., Corporate Partnerships, Dallas Cowboys
- Megan Baker—Director of Premium Partnerships, Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment
- Derrick “Big Teach” Turon—Polo Grounds Music, Team Pitbull
- Robert Casillas—Founder/President Monsoon Group, Las Vegas
Panel IV – Employment in the Entertainment & Events Industry
This panel will feature a pool of Sports, Music & Television industry professionals who provide tips on obtaining employment in the dynamic Entertainment & Events industry.
- Youseline Poteau—HR Manager,OrangeBowl Committee
- Jon Cervera—HR Manager, Miami Heat
- Dorothy Hui—VP, Digital Marketing—Roc Nation
- Paula Witt—Paulamarie Inc. /Career Sports & Entertainment
Luncheon/Featured Speaker – Sonja B. Norwood—President, Norwood Talent Agency
The Current State of the Entertainment (Music. Film & Television) Industry
Featured speaker Sonja Norwood an accomplished talent manager, television/film producer, and deal maker, CEO of Norwood & Norwood Inc, Founder of Norwood Talent Agency and management veteran for Grammy Award winning daughter Brandy and accomplished artist and executive producing son Ray J will discuss opportunities, trends and challenges in today’s multifaceted entertainment industry.
Special Event Presentation Mona Meretsky—CSEP Founder of Comcor Event Production Services
Featured speaker Mona Meretsky is a Certified Special Event Planner and Hall of Fame award winning event leader who will wow the attendees on best practice in today’s event industry in her special event presentation.
MIAMI MARLINS BALL PARK(WELCOME SPEAKER) – David Samson—President, Miami Marlins
David Samson, President of the Miami Marlins will open our session at the all new Miami Marlins Ballpark. Students will be introduced to a dynamic and outspoken individual and his tenure in Major League Baseball. The rebranding and future of the Miami Marlins along with the process of securing a new Ballpark will be discussed.