I hope everyone reading this had a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoys the rest of their weekend. For me, it has been full of food, family, football and today a nice round of golf. The weather in South Florida is beautiful, which once again reminds me why I choose to live in this tropical paradise. This week on FORBES: (1) FanDuel Locks Up LA Lakers; New Fantasy Operator Wraps Up Warriors; (2) Golden State Warriors Still Deciding On Daily Fantasy Partner?; (3) Judge Nixes Sports Betting Plans In New Jersey; (4) How DirecTV Is Capitalizing On Growth Of Fantasy Football; (5) Platform Established To Promote Athletes’ Philanthropic Efforts; and (6) Jack Nicklaus’ Brand Is In The Midst Of An Important Transition. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Former U.S. District Judge finds that the indefinite suspension was an abuse of discretion [Ray Rice wins appeal].
- Here’s the full decision on Ray Rice [In the Matter of Ray Rice].
- He dropped agent Ben Dogra [Maclin Parts Ways With Agent].
- Mixed bag [A scout’s take on all-star games].
- Sam Young a victim of fraud [Ex-Broker must pay $2 million to former NBA player].
- Was seeking more than $380k in alleged unpaid attorney’s fees [Law firm for one of A-Rod’s former attorneys withdraws federal lawsuit].