It’s been an incredibly sad week in the aftermath of the shooting at Stoneman Douglas high school in nearby Parkland, Florida. I commend all of the students for speaking up to share their thoughts on what can and should be done in an effort to prevent these types of tragedies from recurring in the future. I didn’t watch any of NBA All-Star Weekend, and the most significant happening seemed to be Fergie’s rendition of the National Anthem that was, um, interesting to say the least. I’m staying active on my LinkedIN account, posting a lot of insight about what it is like managing my own law firm. Come check it out if you haven’t already.
Thanks this week goes out to freebets.uk.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: Arkansas State v. Miami, Basketball Corruption, Josh Pastner Lawsuit;
(2) Former And Current Miami Marlins Owners Face Miami-Dade County Lawsuit;
(3) Indefinitely Suspended Esports Streamer Takes On Amazon-Owned Twitch In Court;
(4) How The Eagles’ ‘Philly Special’ Trademark Process Should Play Out;
(5) St. Louis Cardinals, Kevin Durant And Odell Beckham Jr. Join $38 Million Esports Capital Raise
This week on Inc.:
(1) When Is the Right Time to Start Your Own Business;
(2) How an NFL Rookie Is Making a Name for Himself with Cyber Security;
(3) How Artificial Intelligence Can Grow by Onboarding the Unbanked;
(4) How College Athletes Can Immediately Be Building Their Brands
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Documents from Andy Miller have the industry on tilt [Agent’s detailed records show exactly how much players’ families were paid, report says].
- He was ruled out this season after a close family friend took impermissible benefits [De’Anthony Melton withdraws from USC, to enter NBA draft].
- “If the phone rings at night, I’m not worried about that..” [Roy Williams confident Tar Heels not part of FBI investigation].
- It doesn’t strain anything for Lester who remains represented by ACES [Cubs’ Jon Lester scoffs at allegations brought against agents in lawsuit].
- Scott Boras still collects his massive commission [J.D. Martinez Is a $110M Steal and the Superstar the Red Sox Desperately Needed].
- Nate Heisler goes from Beverly Hills Sports Council to Rep 1 [Twitter].
- Will be represented by Jack Scharf [Washington Football LB Keishawn Bierria client of Best Agency].