Greetings from Chicago, where I’ll be for the weekend for a wedding. Part of the trip is taking in my first-ever Chicago Cubs game tomorrow. My Dolphins are off to a surprising 1-0 start after breaking a record for the longest game ever. I stayed through the first delay and half way through the second delay before I had to leave to ensure I made it to my parents’ house for Rosh Hashanah. As for my Gators, it was not such a great weekend. So many frustrations. But hopefully they will get things sorted and come back strong against some tougher SEC opponents the rest of this season.
Here are just some of the articles posted this past week on The Sports Biz:
(1) Kirk Cousins May Be Blocked By His Own Team With Recent Trademark Filing;
(2) Job Opening: Sportradar Seeks Licensing Manager In New York City;
(3) Newly Developed Sports Ticket Strategy Company Has An All-Star Cast;
(4) 21-Year NBA Veteran Kevin Garnett Sues Accounting Firm For More Than $77 Million;
(5) NCAA Sued After Getting In The Way Of Basketball Madness Trademark Application;
(6) Kentucky Is Latest State That Leagues Should Lose For Sports Betting Integrity Fee;
(7) Vanderbilt Law To Add Sports Law Program Under Direction Of Current Athletic Director
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Prediction comes on the heels of David firing agent Thad Foucher [Paul Pierce expects New Orleans to broker Anthony Davis trade to Lakers if team fares poorly].
- Former NFL agent Joel Corry provides his thoughts on the Chancellor situation [Seahawks mailbag: Could Kam Chancellor return anytime soon? How will Seattle adjust without Doug Baldwin? And what was up with Russell Wilson Sunday?].
- Creative Artists Agency is leading the effort to find a CEO to run the league founded by NFL agent Don Yee [Upstart Pac Pro Football Begins Search For CEO].
- Ray Petkau represents 12 NHL players, including Connor Hellebuyck, Laurent Brossoit and Eddie Lack [Being an NHL sports agent not like Jerry Maguire, says agent living in Steinbach].
- MLB agent Brodie Scoffield has left the Legacy Agency [Morning Briefing: Happy Thorsday!].
- The movie follows a sports agent who pitches a rookie basketball client an intrigung and controversial biz proposition [André Holland Will Lead Steven Soderbergh’s Netflix Sports Drama].