It has definitely been a busy week at Heitner Legal. At least I’m following through on my own suggestion to make October the month you give it your all and grind at least twice as hard as you did in September. The beginning of November won’t be any more relaxing on the work front (in fact, I have to miss the Turkish Airlines Open for the first time in four years, which is pretty disappointing for me), and I’m already looking forward to a hopefully more relaxing mid-to-end of December. I’d rather not discuss the Dolphins, but how bout them Gators!
This week on The Sports Biz:
(1) On Demand Esports App One Up Announces Launch and $2 Million Raise;
(2) Job Opening: FAU Seeks Senior Associate Athletic Director;
(3) Job Opening: Under Armour Seeks Head Of Marketing For SC Brand;
(4) RotoGrinders Fantasy Sports Community Launches Network Of Sites With New Sports Betting Coverage;
(5) What Is Contributing To Major League Baseball’s 4% Drop In Attendance Year-Over-Year;
(6) NCAA Men’s Basketball Coaches Will Use Tablets On The Sidelines During Games For The First Time;
(7) Full Sail University Is Building The Biggest Collegiate Esports Arena
(8) What Phones Give Players A Competitive Edge In Mobile Esports Tournaments
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Adidas America allegedly had a ‘Black Ops’ division and it sounds like a lot of shady crap went down [‘Black-Ops’ mission: Hoops bag man details how he offered ‘help’ to college basketball programs, like Kansas].
- One of the more discussed pieces of testimony, since Ayton was this past year’s #1 overall pick [Deandre Ayton family was paid by Adidas when he was amateur, witness testifies at trial].
- Alabama is among many schools watching the trial play out publicly [UA basketball program could face NCAA penalties following New York court case].
- It shows how really knowing the person you’re targetting and making small gestures can go a long way [Why Joel Embiid picked Under Armour deal].
- His company, Inked Flash, has filed to register an image of his face to use on a variety of goods/services [Colin Kaepernick wants to trademark his face].