A lot has happened since the publication of Dynasty Notes – Part 12. We introduced a new system of regularly issues News & Notes, which has seen a slight drop in posts due to the graduating of one intern class and initiation of a new one. The News & Notes column has kept readers up-to-date with our baseball clients, but has not allowed us to explain some of the projects we are working on and many of our future goals. Anyway, the News & Notes column should be back up shortly. We are sad to see Usama’s and Justin’s role in Dynasty somewhat lessened for the time being, but are extremely excited for the new class of interns to start producing some high quality work.
- Since the last Dynasty Notes, Gerard Haran is on a new team. He left the Newark Bears and the Atlantic League for the Frontier League’s Washington Wild Things. Haran has gone from not knowing when he would be put in the lineup with the Bears, to being a daily contributor for his new team. Gerard still hopes to one day get back into the MLB ranks, but in the meantime, is doing his best to help out the Wild Things.
- It is looking like Dan Leatherman will end his season with the Class A Hagerstown Suns. While it has been a disappointing year for the Suns organization, Dan has battled through a lot of adversity and is actually at the top of his game. As you may know, Dan was cut by the Twins this past offseason, was on his was to Canada to play independent ball, and then received a call from the Nationals. He joined their extended spring training and then joined the Suns into their season. He loves playing near home, but since he is only signed to a one-year deal, we will have to assess his situation once the season comes to a close.
- Dan’s former teammate, Kyle Gunderson, is Dynasty’s most recent signed addition to the baseball division. He was called up to the High A Potomac Nationals only a day after we signed him. Gundy has been performing very well since joining the High A team and we are very excited about his future potential.
- Robert Lara has remained with the Arizona League Padres for their entire season. While he was frustrated at times due to that fact that others who were not performing as well as he had been were being called up, we realize that it may be a blessing that Lara was able to stay with the AZL club this year. He has been able to start almost every game, and has played his regular position of Catcher. We believe that Lara will continue to develop into an excellent player behind the plate and will hopefully move up next year.
- Besides our current guys, we have been speaking to a handful of players who were drafted this year, but are going to hold off on obtaining an agent. They are interested in Dynasty, but feel that they do not have enough of a reason at this point to take on our services. We wish them continued success and hope to represent them in the future. Additionally, we were just asked to be a player’s advisor for next year’s draft. Hopefully, this will start a trend and we will start to build a healthy stable of guys that we advise going into June of 2009.
- Another baseball related story is that Dynasty is currently in talks with an MLBPA certified agent who has four players on 40-man rosters, including one who is splitting time at catcher for a Major League team. If we bring him on board, Dynasty’s division will grow tremendously in a very short timespan.
- With the 2008 college football season’s start only days away, Dynasty’s football division is kicking it into full action. Matthew Watkins just passed the NFLPA exam and knows the NCAA regulations on what he can and cannot do in regards to recruiting NCAA athletes. Be assured that we are taking all precautions when it comes to contacting said athletes and that we will do absolutely nothing that comes close to threatening anyone’s NCAA eligibility. That being said, recruitment for the 2009 NFL Draft has begun, and a lot is being done on the back-end to prepare for what we believe will be a very successful entry into football for our company.
- If you head to Dynasty’s website, you will notice that basketball is one of two divisions (football is the other), with italics next to it saying, Coming soon. In all actuality; however, Dynasty’s basketball division was launched a couple of months ago. We have signed 15+ players with various professional backgrounds who were are currently placing in the NBDL, overseas, CBA, PBL, etc. While we do not have anybody who will be making an NBA roster at this moment, some of the guys currently under contract may one day play on the big stage. Additionally, we have begun our recruitment effort for the 2009 NBA Draft. Again, all rules and regulations will be adhered to. Once we sign one of our guys with a professional club, the Coming soon phrase will be deleted on the website.
- Austin Walton, Dynasty’s Basketball Division Director has transfered from Valparaiso to the University of Houston. He has received his masters from Valpo and will continue to earn his J.D. at Houston. Congratulations to Austin and his family; his cousin just got married in Florida.
- Jason Belzer continues to do an excellent job with the coaching division. Some of our clients now have their own professional websites, which are linked to from Dynasty’s website. We also are in the process of bringing on more coach clients, but will announce them as a group sometime in the near future. Jason is starting his first year as a law school student, so he also does not want to take on too many clients at once.
- We are in the process of developing a new website called, The Coaches Blog. You will hear a lot more about it once we are ready to launch.
- We signed a big name former basketball player who is looking for a position with an NBA team. Once we land him something, we will throw him up on the website.
- Danielle Wolfe has been a work machine lately. She just got back from a private CollegeMansion.com shoot at Atlantis in the Bahamas. Lauren Stevens was also one of the girls being shot on camera. Danielle has also had some small jobs here and there, but the most exciting news is that she may be on a new TV show starting in January 2009 on ABC. The casting company loved her. Now ABC is making the final call. The show will be called American Beauty and is an attempt at a reality show that will uncover some of America’s best untapped talent. We hope to find out Danielle’s status very shortly as taping for the show will begin in September.
- We are also putting the final touches on a website that we created for Danielle Wolfe at DanielleWolfe.net. We should be launching it within the next two weeks.
My hands are tired. Till next time…