Tomorrow is my mother’s birthday. Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world. I had a great time in New Orleans last week hanging with some baseball industry veterans, judging excellent baseball arbitration oral arguments by well researched law students, and maybe having a hand grenade or two on Bourbon Street. I recently booked my flight for the DePaul Sports Law Symposium – I can’t wait to listen to the other speakers’ presentations. I will also be speaking at the Nova Southeastern University Sports & Entertainment Law Symposium next Sunday. Things are going really well in my law practice. Now, I need to do a better job of convincing schools of the value in hiring Collegiate Sports Advisors. Shouldn’t this video do the trick? Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Will be held during the NFL Scouting Combine week [ITL & Clear Edge Present Former Sports Agent Josh Luchs].
- Not entirely comprehensive, but a good start [2012 pro days schedule].
- He wrote a scathing memo not too long ago [Cornwell takes top job at NFL Coaches Association].
- Bottom line: man is going to get paid [Arian Foster’s agent won’t be offended by franchise tag].
- Roger Montgomery’s only other NBA client is Mo Evans [Lin Takes Agent Along for The Ride].
- Yes…it started with a conference call and a Skype interview [Agent of change — San Antonio’s own Linsanity].
- Joe Nocera attacks the agent vs. adviser distinction [The Hockey Exemption].
- Last time clubs did this well in arbitration was 2008 [Arbitration Scorecard].