So the big personal news this week is that I injured my right leg pretty badly playing basketball. We have a half-court three-on-three pick up game that we usually play about twice-per-week. I’ve made it through many years without a real tweak. But the luck has run out. Going up for a rebound, I came down on a buddy’s foot and my right ankle got all kinds of messed up. I hope to be fully recovered by December 23 so that I can show off my wicked dance moves at my wedding. Otherwise, it’s been an enjoyable World Series thus far and a nice start to the NBA season despite a bleak outlook for my Miami Heat.
Thanks to our supporter this week, who has what you need if you’re looking for wide running shoes.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Why Houston Astros Pitcher Dallas Keuchel Isn’t Sweating The Yankees;
(2) 15-0 IBL Pro Boxer Yahu Blackwell Buys Into Rita’s Italian Ice;
(3) This Week In Sports Law: Ezekiel Elliott Now In NY, Colin Kaepernick Grievance, Rick Pitino v Adidas;
(4) The Esports Observer Receives Significant Investment;
(5) The Esports Industry Is Booming — Can Blockchain Supercharge It?;
(6) What The LA Dodgers Are Investing In During The World Series
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- “Agents are always going to try to get in there to get a kid. They (can) spend $20,000 on a kid this year and they get a kid who’s a first-round draft pick one day.” [Jim Boeheim on UNC (again), players getting paid (again), his son Jimmy, his own team]
- Raymond Brothers speaking a bit about Fultz’s situation [Markelle Fultz’s Agent: Fultz’s Shoulder Is All Fucked Up And Full Of Goop].
- Acknowledged that he appears to be “Coach-3” in the FBI docs [Miami coach Jim Larrañaga says he’s never had a recruit ask for money].
- Ryan McDonough thinks Bledsoe is being misguided [Suns GM: Eric Bledsoe getting ‘bad advice’ from agent Rich Paul].
- Thompson says he jumped at opportunity after agent Greg Lawrence came up with the idea behind ‘Points with a Purpose’ [Klay Thompson’s Pledge to Fire Relief Effort ‘Goes Way Beyond Basketball’].
- William Morris Endeavor dropped him [Bill O’Reilly dropped by another talent agency].
- There will be a Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting [Dan Patrick to head broadcasting school at Full Sail].