Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (8/24/2018)
Another solid week of The Sports Biz. Thanks to everyone who has supported the new website and followed it on Twitter. Exciting news about Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson doing a pay-per-view head-to-head event in November. Interesting discussions among NFL agents occurred this week that I touched upon in a blog post. To be clear, I am a big supporter of the agent community and agree with some of what they are looking to accomplish. It is refreshing to see the agent community, which is commonly fighting against each other internally, getting together to try to protect their respective interests.
Thanks this week goes out to wonderpunter nfl.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Harrison Gaines has the tough talk with the family [Agent told LaVar of LiAngelo’s slim NBA draft hopes].
- Unnamed NBA agent says he thinks that 2-ways are the worst thing to happen to players in a long time [Two-Way Contracts: Superficially Alluring yet Fundamentally Flawed].
- A good look at the many NBA agents who have made the switch to a front office role [Bob Myers and Rob Pelinka Are the New Prototype of NBA GM].
- Brett Tessler ain’t happy about the call on his 49ers client Raheem Mostert [NFL Agent Rips League for Calling Penalty on His Client].
- Technically Kaep’s lawyer, not his agent, but people confuse the two terms too often [Colin Kaepernick’s agent believes John Elway violated collusion case order].
- Imagine being Murray’s agent and praying he doesn’t hurt himself before transitioning to baseball [OU football: Kyler Murray named Oklahoma’s starting quarterback].