Trying a slightly new format here for a change. Do you like it organized by category below? Anyway, a ton going on in this very busy summer. As I am sure you are aware, Dynasty acquired an agency that represents coaches. We have additionally begun our recruiting efforts in football and basketball. Dan Leatherman continues to shine and Gerard Haran has been getting more at bats as of late. There may even be some HUGE news coming for Dynasty’s Baseball Division. Dynasty Newswire is quickly getting a solid following. All is good. I should be on a few radio shows this coming week. I will be sure to post the details soon. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- I cannot imagine how tough it must be to be an N.F.L. prospect with a parent deemed to be a national security threat [Patriot Games].
- Give me more gap-tooth! [As in football, a TV Strahan may be all over field]
- You do not have to have a gap in your teeth to be on TV after football, though [Eye on future].
- The highest paid DT ever! [Bears sign Harris to 4-year extension worth $40M]
- A woman with experience in companies such as Nike and Virgin Entertainment Group will be heading up Gatorade’s marketing efforts [Gatorade Quenches Thirst With New CMO].
- Dan Uggla is my Boy of Summer [Looking who’s pitching Macy’s].
- Bye bye Bavasi, está más Pelekoudas [Mariners, mired with 24-45 record, fire GM Bavasi].
- The 14th pick in the 2008 Amateur MLB Draft has signed with the Twins [First-round draft pick Aaron Hicks signs $1.78 million contract].
- And the Rockies get their number 1 guy locked down [Rockies swift in signing top pick].
- Not all MMA formats are flourishing [Fighting for Its Life].
- Is Ross Gurney really hockey’s Jerry McGuire? [Agents can be a frightening prospect].
- NHL teams may become more financially stable [NHL will no longer pay transfer fees to European teams].
- From broadcaster to NHLPA position [GLENN HEALY NAMED NHLPA DIRECTOR OF PLAYER AFFAIRS].
- Canival of the NBA returns…and features our post on the NBA Draft slotting system [Carnival of the NBA #57].
- IMG jumps on the social networking bandwagon [IMG Academies and Neighborhood America Serve up New Online Community for Tennis Enthusiasts].