For Immediate Release
Introducing The Inaugural CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament
Jan. 26, 2009
MIAMI, FL-GAME, Inc., the coaching division of Dynasty Athlete Representation, and CollegeInsider.com are pleased to announce the creation of the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament, which will begin inaugural play in March 2009. The tournament will feature 16 teams not participating in the NCAA or National Invitational Tournament. The field will be determined after the official announcements of the two existing tournaments. GAME, Inc. is responsible for tournament sponsorship revenues and broadcasting acquisitions, as well as all facets of event and hospitality planning, management and execution.
During the 2007-08 season 53 teams, that finished .500 or better, did not participate in postseason play. Eleven of those 53 teams won 20 or more games, with an additional 19 teams amassing at least 18 wins. The CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament will provide a second season for 16 deserving college basketball programs. Criteria for selection will include, but are not limited to, win-loss record, strength of schedule, strength of conference, and final ten games.
The CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament is a single-elimination tournament, consisting of four rounds, with the first three rounds being played at on-campus sites, which will be determined by seeding. The inaugural championship game will be played at an on-campus site to be determined by seeding.
* The NCAA and the National Association of Basketball Coaches have been consulted throughout and are fully aware of the parameters and guidelines established by CollegeInsider.com.
# # # # # #
- Participating teams must finish the regular season with a winning record against division I opponents. Teams whose conferences have less than fifty-percent (50%) of their teams participating in the NCAA and NIT tournaments will be given higher priority for selection into the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament.
The tournament consists of 15 games: Eight first-round games, four second-round games, two semi-final games and a championship game. In an effort to minimize travel and limit class time missed, teams will be bracketed geographically. The official announcement of the 16-team field will be made following the announcements of the NCAA and NIT fields respectively.
- The opening round games will be played on Monday, March 17 and Tuesday, March 18 (the first round of the NCAA Tournament will begin on March 19).
- Quarterfinal games will be played on Monday, March 23.
- Semifinal games will be played on Wednesday, March 25.
- Championship game played on Tuesday, March 31.
A selection committee determines the field of participants. The panel consists of current and former coaches, athletic directors and senior CollegeInsider.com personnel.
- David Adelman (CollegeInsider.com)
- Brian Doyle (CollegeInsider.com)
- Matt Drake (CollegeInsider.com)
- Joe Dwyer (CollegeInsider.com)
- Hugh Durham (Former head coach, University of Georgia)
- Pat Flannery (Former head coach, Bucknell University)
- Lou Henson (Former head coach, New Mexico State University)
- Gene Keady (Former head coach, Purdue University)
- Kyle Macy (Former head coach, Morehead State University)
- Jim Phelan (Former head coach, Mount St. Mary’s)
- Nolan Richardson (Former head coach, University of Arkansas)
- Riley Wallace (Former head coach, University of Hawaii)
- Perry Watson (Former head coach, University of Detroit)
- Rich Zvosec (Former head coach, UMKC)
More information about the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament, Dynasty Athlete Representation or any of its coaches:
Jason Belzer 732.322.5145 [email protected]