If you are looking for some fun in the sun, now is not the time to travel to Florida. Over the past week and a half, there has been only one day where the sun peaked its head out of the clouds, and that was only for roughly three hours of that day. Bad weather means no excuses for getting work done! I am taking two classes over summer: Business Organizations and Analysis & Drafting Intellectual Property Transactions. For Business Orgs, I am writing a term paper on a sports agent’s duties to athletes and the statutory regulations thereof. The MLB Draft is quickly approaching. Lots of work being done behind the scenes. Also, we may have some exciting Super Bowl event news to publish in the next month. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Doug Barnette, CEO of Player Management International, gives back to his hometown [Agent to match Friendly Town donations].
- Is Dan Fegan at it again? Yi Jianlian part 2? [Thunder to schedule workout with Ricky Rubio]
- While WMG is showing off its talent on the West Coast, Priority Sports is holding its own workouts in Chicago [Priority Sports Workout in Chicago].
- Could we soon have a Supreme Court Justice who “saved baseball?” [Sotomayor helped in ’95 baseball strike]
- The falling value of a sport management degree [In Sports Business, Too Many Hopefuls for Too Few Position].
- My pick for SBJ’s Sports Agency of the Year award [Sports Agency of the Year]. Awards were given out last night.
- The LPGA is actually encouraging its players to give fans updates via Twitter and Facebook during play! [Bivens ‘encourages’ in-round updates]