The New York Yankees love the Jews. I am down in South Florida for the weekend. It is nice to see part of my family…a five hour drive is not the worst thing in the world. I am turning in a paper for my Business Organizations class on Monday. The topic: Duties of Sports Agents to Athletes and Statutory Regulation Thereof. Lots of SPARTA and UAAA discussion involved. I will post the paper online sometime in the near future. Our young baseball players have started short season ball, and some of our more experienced guys continue to perform well. We are still advising some players who were drafted. Time to enjoy my family and dog, Mushu. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Past SportsAgentBlog.com interviewee, Mark Steinberg, chats with Darren Rovell about representing Tiger Woods [The Man Behind Tiger Woods].
- An interview with the agent of Maurice Jones-Drew and Matt Forte [Meet Sports Agent, Rob London].
- What it’s like to manage Kenyan runners [Kenyan runners’ second home: Norristown].
- A UF Law grad making big moves [Lawyer, agent, world traveler].
- The anti-agent agent? [Bridgeton native Andre Buck bringing undervalued talent to light as rising basketball agent]
- Moneyball will not be turned into a movie…yet [Sony scraps Soderbergh’s ‘Moneyball’].
- I guess I am in the minority, because I say no [Does Don Fehr Get An *?].
- Time for agents to get creative. How about some type of running royalties deal with a minimum attached instead of the normal large up-front payment? [Bad Year For NBA Draft Pick Shoe Deals]