Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all. Anyone go out to the stores real early today? With so many great deals to be found online, I feel like it is not even necessary to do your body such a disservice by waking up so early after a big day of eating. I am up in Tallahassee, Florida for the weekend. Think my Gators can finish the season strong against our in-state rival? Have a safe and enjoyable weekend! Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Casey Close was one of 10 members inducted [U-M Alum Close Enshrined into Cape Cod Baseball Hall of Fame].
- While we are on the subject of Casey Close.. [Derek Jeter’s agent Casey Close says Yankees public hardball with shortstop is ‘baffling’].
- Named to the adjunct faculty at Marquette University Law School [Bud Selig: law school professor].
- A lot of older guys were not offered arbitration [Teams offer arbitration to just 14 of 29 “Type A” free agents].
- Questioning why Jimmy Sexton was included on the panel [Is NCAA’s Agent For Change Completely Insane?].
- I find it interesting that Steinberg commissioned a study that involved polling of a certain target demographic to determine when it was the right time to start talking business again [A Year Later: Tiger’s Agent Opens Up].
- It’s a lot more complicated than just starting to pay student-athletes a salary [Pay college athletes? No].