What: University of Baltimore School of Law 2011 Pro Sports Symposium
When: Thursday, February 10, 2011 (10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Where: Venable Baetjer Howard Moot Court Room at the Angelos Law Center (map)
9:30 – 10 am
Continental breakfast will be served for attendees in the lobby of the law center.
- Phillip J. Closius, Dean, University of Baltimore School of Law
Implementing the NBA’s Salary Cap and Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Andre Walters, J.D. ’05, Senior director of legal affairs, Charlotte Bobcats
- Michael Winger, Assistant general manager/legal and administration, Oklahoma City Thunder
10:45 am – 12 pm
Negotiating Professional Football’s Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Richard Berthelsen, General counsel, National Football League Players’ Association
- Dennis Curran, Senior vice president and general counsel, National Football League
12 – 1:15 pm
Lunch will be served for attendees.
Managing a Professional Baseball Team in the Free Agency Era
- Andy MacPhail, President of baseball operations, Baltimore Orioles
1:15 – 1:30 pm
1:30 – 3 pm
The Many Facets of a Professional Football Team
Influential sports agent and UB Law alumnus Tom Condon, J.D. ’81, will be joined by Will Witherspoon, linebacker for the Tennessee Titans, and other panelists involved in the day-to-day negotiations and operations of professional football teams for this discussion.
Cost: Free (RSVP)