I hope everyone had a very Happy Holiday (whichever holiday was celebrated) and wish all a Happy upcoming New Year. This past week on Forbes.com: (1) Who Cares About The NHL Lockout?; and (2) Brooklyn Nets Nix Avery Johnson, But Player Contracts May Cause Concern. New Years Eve will be Sports Agent Blog’s seventh birthday. Pinching myself like crazy. Here are some stories I did not cover this past week:
- Jimmy Sexton represents Rex, Tony Sparano and Tim Tebow [Is Rex’s agent causing major distractions for Jets?]
- Obviously led by Mark Sanchez [Active Quarterbacks & Dead Money].
- Chris Martin, President of OTG Sports Management, gets “busted” by Rand Getlin [Big Ten Network unknowingly employed an NFL agent as a game analyst].
- I lend my thoughts [Miami Hurricanes’ new strict policy limiting agent-player contact goes far beyond NCAA limits].
- Highlighting LeBron James’ new-ish agent, Rich Paul [The chosen’s one].
- And now Rich Paul may have to deal with this [LeBron James’ agent could have violated Texas law through relationship with Longhorns guard].
- Didn’t know his teammates used to call him Forrest Gump [Bob Myers has had quite a hoop journey].
- The claim is that McIlroy ignored Oakley’s right of first refusal [Rory McIlroy, Nike Sued by Oakley for Contract Breach].