For the seventh consecutive year, Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily presented the annual Sports Business Awards on Wednesday night.
The awards recognized achievements in the sports business industry that spanned from March 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014. Winners were selected by members of the editorial staff at SBJ/SBD along with a committee of external panelists.
More than 800 people attended the event, which was held at the New York Marriott Marquis at Times Square.
“The winners and nominees…are pushing innovation with smart thinking and creative approaches and represent the individuals, companies, agencies and media at the forefront of the sports industry,” said Richard Weiss, publisher of the SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily.
NBC Sports Group stole the show as it won in three media categories while the NHL also claimed three of the night’s awards.
Below is the full list of Sports Business Awards winners across 15 different categories. In addition, the Lifetime Achievement Award that was presented to Pittsburgh Steelers owner, Dan Rooney.
1) Lifetime Achievement Award: Dan Rooney
2) Sports Executive of the Year: Gary Bettman, NHL
3) Sports League of the Year: NHL
4) Sports Sponsor of the Year: Pepsi Beverages Co.
5) Best in Sports Media: NBC Sports Group
6) Best in Corporate Consulting, Marketing and Client Services: Team Epic
7) Sports Team of the Year: Golden State Warriors
8) Best in Property Consulting, Sales and Client Services: CAA Sports
9) Sports Event of the Year: 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic
10) Athletic Director of the Year: Kevin White, Duke University
11) Best in Digital Sports Media: NBC Sports Group
12) Best in Talent Representation and Management: Excel Sports Management
13) Sports Facility of the Year: Madison Square Garden
14) Best in Sports Television: NBC Sports Group
15) Best in Sports Event and Experiential Marketing: GMR Marketing
16) Best in Sports Technology: Experience