One of the more prominent agencies in the industry has announced its list of college football stars who will be taking their talent to the next level. Wasserman’s 2022 NFL Draft class features twelve of the most promising prospects produced by some of the most dominant programs in the nation this season, including three of the four CFP finalist teams. The group will have both their on and off-field interests represented by Wasserman’s veteran agents. Senior agents Doug Hendrickson (EVP, Football), Chafie Fields (EVP, Team Sports), and CJ LaBoy (VP, Football) will headline the effort in on-field affairs. Additionally, Wasserman’s talent marketing division will assist the clients in their off-field endeavors and marketing portfolios.
Wasserman’s 2022 NFL Draft Class
- Brian Asamoah, LB (Oklahoma)
- Nakobe Dean, LB (Georgia)
- Danny Gray, WR (SMU)
- Hassan Haskins, RB (Michigan)
- Keaontay Ingram, RB (USC)
- Jaxson Kirkland, OT (Washington)
- Trey McBride, TE (Colorado State)
- Jalen Nailor, WR (Michigan State)
- Alec Pierce, WR (Cincinnati)
- Isaiah Thomas, DE (Oklahoma)
- Matt Waletzko, OT (North Dakota)
- Ryan Wright, P (Tulane)
Wasserman invested heavily in its football division hiring Hendrickson and LaBoy in 2018, and adding Fields in November 2019. These acquisitions have led to steady growth for the company:
- All 11 clients were selected in the 2021 NFL Draft, highlighted by Alabama RB Najee Harris being selected with the 24th overall pick by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Five clients were picked in the first three rounds of the 2020 Draft, including Super Bowl champion Antoine Winfield Jr.
- An all-time high 14 clients were picked in the 2019 Draft, including first round selection Jerry Tillery.
Wasserman has continued to flex its expertise in contract negotiations with its veteran clients, highlighted by Amari Cooper‘s $100 million deal with the Dallas Cowboys, Arik Armstead‘s $85 million deal with the San Fransisco 49ers, and Kenny Clark‘s $70 million extension with the Green Bay Packers, the richest contract for a nose tackle in NFL history.