This past Saturday officially began the month of Movember. Go follow our pals at Hugging Harold Reynolds and help fight prostate cancer. I take the Ethics and Professional Responsibility portion of the Bar Exam tomorrow. Don’t ask me why. I think I am the only 2L at UF taking it. To tell you the truth, I just want to get it out of the way. Here’s to hoping that I pass. Dynasty just got a nice new crop of coach clients that we are really excited about. Okay, off to do final preparations for tomorrow morning’s test. Here are some stories I missed this past week:
- Officially putting Brett Favre behind them [Packers sign Rodgers through ’14; deal worth more than $66M, source says].
- The economic issues behind dropping two preseason games in favor of two more regular season match-ups [NFL looking to expand to 18 regular-season games].
- I like this move a lot. I see big things for this young man out of New Mexico [Pacers F Granger signs 5-year extension in $60M range].
- And Webster is another 2005 draftee to receive a contract extension [Agent: Trail Blazers sign swingman Webster to 4-year extension].
- Have a talented SP, 1B, or CF client? The Yankees may be interested, and they always have a lot of money to spend [Yankees ready to open vault].
- Scott Boras has a very busy winter ahead of him [Big-money teams sure to be players in free agency, trades].
- A case for the big name free-agents to dominate while the smaller names may be disappointed [Baseball’s Free Agents: Will Economy Keep Them From Big Bucks?].
- New GM to talk to in Philadelphia [Phillies promote Amaro, 43, to GM with three-year deal].
- I’m not sure who is more surprised about this one…me or Mike himself [Brewers to bring back CF Cameron with $10M option].