It feels so good to be back in South Florida. I will be down here for the next couple of weeks, with a short stint in Fort Myers for the 2009 National Underclass Showcase – Main Event. It will a great opportunity to meet with many of the best high school baseball players and their parents, in person. Hopefully it does not rain every day that I am down here (although it looks like there is a good chance that the rain will never let up). One more semester of law school and then I am done, done, and done. It is a little scary to even think about it. Anyway, before I get to the stories I missed this past week, I have a small special giveaway contest. A free bottle of Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin’ sauce for whoever comes closest on total points scored in Saturday night’s Cowboys vs. Saints game. If there is a duplicate score, the first person to write the score wins. Leave your predictions in the comments section.
- Can’t wait to have Mr. Biagas on the Basketball CBA panel at the 2010 UF Sports Law Symposium [WMG Hires Longtime NBPA Deputy Counsel Hal Biagas As Exec VP].
- Another young agency trying to make it happen in this competitive industry [Former Fighting Irish star athlete now player agent].
- At least one agent thinks this way [Jake Locker made the right decision].
- I REALLY appreciate the openness of Jack Bechta in this post [The agent’s presentation].
- Major factor = T.O. actually enjoys the drink. Btw, interesting avoidance of using the phrase “Super Bowl” in the release [Blue Gem’s Title Sports Drink, Terrell Owens (T.O.) to Kick Start Endorsement Deal During Week of the Big Game February 7th].
- A nice look at what Johan Santana deals with off of the field [Santana’s Home. Grab Your Glove.].
- Former agent, Dennis Gilbert, came close, but Chuck Greenberg beat him out [A new Chuck takes on Texas].
- The money overseas is great, but players must always think long-term [Players in Europe Ponder an N.B.A. Pension].