The wrap-up is coming a little later than usual, but no worries, you are getting it before sundown! It’s been a tough week. We had a few players released from their MLB organizations. But we also found good news about the level that some of our guys will be starting at, and we also gained an additional client, who finished last season playing Triple-A with the Angels. We are working on establishing some new and exciting partnerships in the Bowling Division, and we are talking to many new baseball and basketball players about advising the former and representing the latter. Unfortunately, my phone decided to die on me last night, so if you have tried to contact me at any point today, I have not received it and will probably never know that you attempted to call me, unless you email me about the communication. Here are some stories I missed over the past week.
- Conducting due diligence should be a must pre-investment [More Pro Athletes Ripped Off – When Will It End?].
- They scored a 6 and a 9, respectively [Greg Middleton, John Jerry get the Wonderlic dunce caps].
- Creative YouTube videos can put players on the map, but most videos don’t help much [YouTube can make you a star, just not NFL variety].
- The starting nine players on the All-Mauer team [Mauer’s Salary Could Buy an Entire Team].
- From $110 million to insolvent. About that due diligence.. [Antoine Walker’s financial mess].
- Former agent, Jason Levien, is now the Senior Vice President of the Sacramento Kings [Kings owners take on new roles].
- Sentenced to one month in a halfway house [Arenas avoids jail time for gun offense].
- So who is the Atlanta sports agent that called him? [10-year-old trains for NBA while his parents really get a workout]