I am currently up in Bloomington, Indiana, where I am finishing up a nice little tour of college campuses this week. On Monday, I had the joy of speaking to the YCP Sport Management Student Association with Peg Kaufmann (AD Millersville U.) & Bryan Minniti (Assistant GM Washington Nationals), who were great speakers and very down-to-earth, kind, and intelligent individuals. Thanks to the Association, and especially Justin Facer, who was a fantastic host. Tuesday it was off to Jacksonville, where I engaged in quite a discussion with Florida Coastal School of Law Students, who asked really great questions and made my time worthwhile. I cannot wait to go to other schools in the near future. If your institution is not yet on my list, feel free to contact me. When I am not doing this type of speaking or working on Dynasty related matters, I am also working at an entrepreneurial, fantastic law firm based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It is called Koch Parafinczuk Wolf P.A. (KPW). Check out the firm’s website here, and let me know if I can ever help you in a legal capacity. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- It certainly helps when Josh Hamilton and Cody Ross endorse your product for free [Evoshield Gets Big Buzz Before It Hits Stores].
- Under North Carolina law, documents and other information generated by state agencies and institutions should be, with limited exceptions, made public [Triangle media groups seeking football records sue UNC].
- Should the NFLPA be doing more to check the quality of those on its approved list of financial advisers? [NFL players at risk of financial roughing]
- Negotiations will probably come down to number of years on the contract [Agent: Derek Jeter has huge value].
- Some good information from my friend Robert Raiola [Cliff Lee & Taxes In Texas].
- $25 million lawsuit alleging defamation, false light invasion of privacy, and negligent misrepresentation [Promoter at center of O.J. Mayo scandal at USC sues NCAA].
- Nathan Peake was Steve Francis’s mentor and business manager [Sports agent booked for tax evasion].
- And Florida is supposedly one of the few states “tough on agents” [Records show few agent busts since FSU scandal].