Michael Jasper has been receiving a lot of press lately. My favorite piece was written at ProFootballWeekly.com – Jasper overcomes enormous odds on journey to NFL. Also have to love the press about Gabe Carimi, Bear Jew. If only the players and owners could agree on a new collective bargaining agreement. I am ecstatic about the Miami Heat making the NBA Finals and cannot wait for Game 1 at home against the Dallas Mavericks. I desperately hope that the NBA and the NBA Players Association is able to avoid a lockout for the 2011/12 season. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Quinton Coples the next UNC player under investigation [2011 draft may have created another problem for UNC].
- Doubt Joe Linta is successful with his request [Agent Wants His Players to See Latest Offer].
- Good read about two groups not discussed much with regards to the lockout [Assistants and agents caught in the crossfire].
- Roughly 230 players project to be eligible [Arbitration Eligible Players For 2012].
- Being prepared by Don MacLean, who trains Priority Sports clients [Feeling the draft: Leuer preps for NBA dream].
- The NBPA wants an injunction against what it says is the NBA’s unlawful bargaining practices and its unlawful lockout threat [Players’ association files unfair labor charge against NBA].
- My man Marc Isenberg put this together with Rick Rhoads [Master the Basketball Recruiting Process With Compete].
- At least one person likes Texas’ new agent law [Lauding Texas’ Sports Agent Law, a Great First Step].