I have spent over 10 years running this website, 6 years as a lawyer, a few years as a professor and consider myself to have been successful in my pursuits, but there’s not much that makes me happier than waking up to a message like this. Truthfully, the only reason I started writing these weekly wrap-ups again (after a hiatus) was because many people reached out and said that they really enjoyed it. And there’s a lot of value in making others happy.
So Hassan Whiteside is signing with the Heat. Now, a focus on bringing back Wade and . . . maybe signing Durant? I think it’s a long shot, but one never knows.
Hooray to Heitner Legal on securing Draymond Green a registered trademark in MONEY GREEN.
Now the stories that you may have missed:
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- They say Durant may already have made up his mind [How Kevin Durant’s free agency will happen, through the eyes of NBA agents].
- Agent Andy Miller talked about expectation of a larger role [Why the Thunder traded Serge Ibaka].
- Next in line is former agent Justin Zanik [Sources: Bucks extend GM John Hammond to help transition franchise].
- Harrison Barnes’ agent Jeff Schwartz also reps Hassan Whiteside, Andre Drummond and others [76ers eye Warriors’ Barnes].
- He was represented by James Solano [Buddy Ryan, Combative Defensive Genius in the N.F.L., Dies at 85].
- A reminder that Luck is represented by his uncle [Colts didn’t use Luck’s bad year against him (and for good reason)].