It is nice to finally conclude what was a horrendous week due to the Las Vegas shootings alone. It affects all of us, whether we know someone who was shot or not. Just terrible to think that someone would be willing to take so many lives and injure so many others who had nothing to do with him. On to sports. The Dolphins continued to stink it up this past weekend and yet everyone seems to think the team looks pretty good on paper. Let’s see if things change in the near future. The NBA regular season is approaching and I wonder whether anyone in the East has a chance other than the Cavaliers and the Celtics. But it is nice to have basketball coming back on the horizon.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Top NBA Agent Andy Miller Loses Clients In Fallout From College Basketball Scandal;
(2) FanDuel And DraftKings Win Important Right Of Publicity Case;
(3) This Week In Sports Law: College Basketball Scandal, Rick Pitino On Leave, Gators Felony Charges;
(4) More Than 600 Esports Sponsorships Secured Since Start Of 2016;
(5) Houston Hero Deshaun Watson Leads Licensed Trading Card Category For Rookies;
(6) Pac-12 Conference Signs Deal With Alibaba Group For China Distribution
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Hill goes from being agent-less to signing with Drew Rosenhaus [Tyreek Hill has new agent, hopes to increase off-field profile].
- Newton’s agent Carlos Fleming says Dannon is still using Cam in advertising, though.. [Yogurt Brand Drops Cam Newton After Sexist Remark].
- Sports agent Wilfrido Pujols loses case against his cousin Albert [Judge Clears Albert Pujols in Defamation Suit].
- B.B. Abbott reps both Kluber and Chris Sale, each vying for AL Cy Young [Corey Kluber’s two-seam fastball should lead to his second Cy Young Award — Bud Shaw].
- A decade ago, Williams worked as a recruiter for Ceruzzi Sports & Entertainment [Jay Williams, former Duke star, admits his former agency paid $250,000 to Kevin Love’s AAU coach].
- He coached Josh Jackson, Kyle Kuzma and Jaylen Johnson [3 NBA Players Linked To Christian Dawkins, A Sports Agent Charged In FBI Bribery Investigation].